The Conqueror 1962 Chevrolet Corvette C1RS, Hot Rod CustomTo many awards for this machine, The Winner of the Good Guys Street Machine of the Year and SEMA GM Design Award for Best Hot Rod, both in the same year 2009.
Short Story: July 2008, Jeremy Gerber, one of the owners of the Roadster Shop, and customer / owner Barry Blomquist began to custom build his Corvette, starting with brainstorming what should go into this car. The first they rebuild the chassis. The plan was to build a production chassis that would offer unmatched handling, performance, and a comfortable ride. The R&D on the chassis took about 2 months, during that time they also thinking about the concept and idea to build a modern concept car version will apply on classic car, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette.
Artist Eric Brockmeyer was called in to help with the renderings and lend some of his design ideas. Several versions later, the concept was finalized. The car was then named the “C1-RS”. “C1” after the first generation Chevrolet Corvette, and the “RS” coming from the Roadster Shop.
This a very cool 1962 Chevrolet Corvette custom, as a prize-winning piece of Resto Mod art. Known as C1RS, it begins with a Roadster Shop custom tube chassis using Detroit Speed and Afco suspension components, Forgeline 3-piece wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport rubber and giant Brembo disc brakes. Every panel and detail of the car received the custom treatment, from the one-off carbon fiber body accents to the European-inspired leather interior with custom aluminum dash, console and trim. A Kinsler Cross Ram-injected 427/640 LS7 engine, Tremec T56 Bowler 6-speed and Ford 9-inch Posi third member complete the power train of this mesmerizing showpiece.
- 2009 GoodGuys Street Machine of the Year
- 2009 SEMA GM Design Award for Best Hot Rod
- Known as the C1RS Corvette
- LS7 engine producing 640 HP
- Kinsler Cross Ram fuel injection
- Tremec T56 Bowler 6-speed
- 9" Ford posi rear end
- Roadster Shop custom C1 chassis
- Detroit Speed suspension components
- Afco remote adjustable shocks
- Custom European inspired leather interior
- Brembo 14" vented rotors, 6 piston calipers
- One-off 20" and 19" Forgeline 3 piece wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport tires
- Custom built for current owner
- Every panel has been modified for new design
- Custom built aluminum dash, console and grill surround
- All carbon fiber parts are one-off
Custom by Roadster Shop, Source & Photo by Mecum Auctions