Italian Prancing Horse, 1976 Ferrari 308 GT4 DinoHere's a groundbreaking model of the Italian Prancing Horse built in 1976 powered by mid-engined V8 Ferrari comes in red 2+2 coupe body type named Dino 308 GT4. The Dino badging it's meant non a V12 Ferrari. The GT4 design by Enzo Ferrari himself then assembly by Bertone bodywork (rather than Pininfarina) also it was the first production Ferrari to feature the mid-engined V8 layout that would become the bulk of the company's business in the succeeding decades.
Detail about this Dino
1976 Ferrari 308 GT4 Dino RHD to LHD conversion, It is not a perfect car, it does run and a lot of money was spent recently in Spain with works including an AP Racing clutch kit, cam belt service with tensioner bearings, water pump, auxiliary belts, header tank and usual service items such as plugs, lead and distributor cap plus fluids. It also had a new master cylinder and all four calipers were serviced, new bias valve and rear pads. It also was retrimmed in black cloth to the interior.
This Dino is being offered as a running project, there are various areas that still require work, there is corrosion below the windscreen and also at the base of the sills though structurally it appears sound with surface corrosion evident in places.
Aspects to be aware of are;
- Wheels need refurbishment
- Electrics appears to be exposed in certain areas and the original loom has been modified for the LHD conversion
- Front bonnet pull is broken and needs pliers to open it
- Dashboard does not close properly
- Airbox rear ¾ inlet is missing
- Paint is crazed in some inner panel areas
- Rear boot release does operate from inside the car, needs to be pulled from the engine bay
- Crack in the exhaust silencer
- Small, various paint defects
- Engine runs well but has a suspected head gasket failure as it is pressurising the system
- It displays 68,950 miles on the odometer and there is no way of determining if this is genuine or not.