Nice Restoration, 1961 Greenbrier VanThe American classic van offered by Chevrolet intended to respond of the first generation VW Type 2 suscses in US market. This a Greenbrier Van released in 1961 had fully restored and custom, looking for new owner.
Detail by owner
With this great van, you will have a blast everywhere you go. I get compliments about it all the time. It only has 32,XXX original miles on it. Mileage changes daily because I am driving it. Until this year, it was last registered in 1974 when it was parked by the original owner. This custom van is a great alternative to the $40,000 VW Bus/Camper at WAY less money. Here is what we have done.
- Took the body down to bare metal & professionally did a frame on restoration
- The New Paint is Teal in color with a Wool Grey color roof & stripe. The paint is so reflective it tends to pick up the colors around it. Thus the blue sky makes the paint look blue.
- New paint that has a high gloss finish. Very Smooth! All Glass & hardware was 100% removed for painting. It was a professional job.
- New custom interior on the original seats. There is a custom two tone material. Inside panels have the suede look.
- Took out all old interior bulbs. Installed new LED style bulbs everywhere. We also added new LED interior lights on both sides from front to back.
- New rubber weather strips on all doors & windows. All new glass guides. All 6 passenger area windows open freely.
- Removed the gas tank, flushed out old gas. Looks like new inside.
- Brand New front windshield.
- Altra Rare full horn ring.
- New Sport wheels & tires
- I have a new rear table made for the passenger area, but it has yet to be installed.
- I have 4 NEW wheels that have the dog dish style caps. IF you want the dog dish style wheels & tires, I will credit $800 off of the purchase price. Again, Wheels are NEW. See photos.
- New muffler
I would give it a 8 out of a 10 but look at the photos for complete details. Its not perfect but its dam good! You know what we have completed, now here is what it needs. Just as it did brand new, it leaks a little oil. They all did. The throw-out bearing is starting to make noise. It also doesn't have the interior carpet installed. They make a kit for $350. The Van is great as is or you might do some things to it yourself to put your own spin on this beauty. I do not have a spare tire.
If you interested, here on craigslist