Awesome Red BarracudaHere's we found one of the coolest classic Plymouth today with awesome look as a red car. It's a second generation Plymouth Barracuda 1968 model year come in 2-door fastback coupe body style has been fully restored, has won many auto classic events. The car is very worthy as a nicest object sit in garage and would be great car in summer. The Barracuda is a collectible car today, with the high-performance versions and convertibles commanding the highest prices, especially for 70s model year come with E-Body cars, were commonly known as the Cuda.
Although is not the top Barracudas collectible model, but it look so awesome as it should be, no doubt. exterior is perfect, interior very good and the engine is the best. Let it go for $37000, I think it a seriously coolest red Barracuda come with the best price today, you should come to see as seriously buyer will appreciate. More info and details please read more below.
Details by owner
Up for sale is one the finest examples of a Barracuda fastback around the Bay Area. Hard to find them to begin with, let alone in this shape. I have owned this car since 1998, when it had 36,000 ORIGINAL MILES, now has 63,000. I have more in parts than I am asking for this car.
Car was stripped to bare metal, front/rear glass popped, all trim removed and repainted in original PPG Matador Red. New white tape stripe from Phoenix Graphix installed. I have pictures of how much filler remained on the body before primer went on. It was only floated enough to make it straight. NO RUST ANYWHERE. NONE. Car was in amazingly great shape. The bottom of the car was stripped to bare metal and painted satin black. I found that not many Barracudas(all 3 body styles included) had this interior/exterior color combo from the factory, so that's why I chose to restore it to stock colors.
- New tail lights, trunk trim, door handles, bumpers, weatherstripping, window moulding clips, front and rear window gaskets. Front grille was cleaned up and polished/painted, as were the hood inserts.
- Original black plates restored by Brian @ "Finish Your Plates". I found original period correct stickers for them too. Still have never put the current year tag on....
- All stainless trim was removed and polished.
- Custom TIG welded subframe connectors
- Kframe has been completely welded for added reinforcement
- New Legendary front/rear seat covers and door panels.
- New headliner, new carpet.
- Steering column was completely disassembled. All parts beadblasted, painted. New turn signal switch, lower bearing.
- New dash bezel, all gauges have been gone thru at Redline Gauge Works, including a new upgraded tachometer, and doing a voltmeter conversion while retaining the stock gauge face. New, correct reproduction speedo cable.
- Dash pads are in great shape.
- 360 (MP performance 10:1 short block), Eddy heads, RPM Airgap intake, Holley HP carb, K&N air filter
- Custom powdercoated fabricated aluminum valve covers
- Harland Sharp valvetrain with 1.6 intake/1.5 exhaust, Manton pushrods
- Milodon oil pan
- Holley fuel pump. Under the car is factory prebent stainless 3/8" fuel line with -6 AN from the tank to line and from line all the way to the carb. New fuel tank, sending unit, straps.
- Schumacher engine mounts/brackets, poly 73 up thru bolt style trans mount.
- Taylor cut to fit plug wires. MSD 6A box, coil and distributor which is setup with a custom 14* bushing and the right springs.
- Comp 276XE camshaft. Engine has about 15k miles on it and runs awesome. Still fires up with 70 psi oil pressure cold, 45 hot.
- Radiator is a 3 row hi efficiency w/ dimpled tubes copper brass style. Stays cool all the time.
- Custom black powdercoated 100 Amp 1 wire alternator
- Transmission is 727 built with Blue plate Kevlar clutches, Kolene steels, Transgo Stage 2 shift kit, PTC custom 9.5" 2600 stall converter. New driveshaft.
- Rear end is an A body 8 3/4, 3.55 sure grip, Yukon BBP axles w/green bearings, 10" B body drum brakes. The entire rear axle was stripped to bare metal and painted satin black.
- Front suspension was rebuilt, upper/lower control arms were beadblasted and painted. Hellwig 1 1/8" tubular front swaybar, 1" torsion bars, KYB shocks.
- Rear suspension was rebuilt, front hangars, rear shackles were beadblasted and painted. Hellwig 1" solid rear swaybar, new leaf springs and poly bushings, kyb shocks.
- Front disc with BBP 11.75" rotors, new calipers, hoses. 73' up master cylinder. All new stainless brake lines.
- Rear 10" drums.
- Front engine/light harness is all new. It has been customized to work with the MSD ignition setup and 100 amp 1 wire alternator so it doesn't burn up. It was rewrapped in the factory nonadhesive wrap(not electrical tape) so you cant tell. There is also a separate harness made for the MSD. Relays for the headlights. All connections are soldered. New custom made 1ga/2ga battery cables that are soldered and heatshrunk.
- Dash harness was not replace as it was on forever backorder with Year one at the time I was restoring the car. Everything works and there are no problems.
- Rear light harness was replaced.
- 15x7 Police style Rallye wheels in front with 215/60/15 BFG radial T/A
- 15x8 Police style Rallye wheels in back with 255/60/15 BFG radial T/A
- All have dark argent silver rallye center caps and stainless trim rings.
I stripped the interior down to the floor pans and they were PERFECT. I stripped the bottom of the car to bare metal and found ZERO rust. All the sheetmetal on this car is original and in great shape. I have owned a restoration shop for the past 12 years and have put well over 500-600 hours in this car. This car retains it's original fender tag. It was built on Tuesday July 11th, 1968, during the LAST week of production of 1968 model year cars.
For more specific information please here on craigslist