Nice Camper Truck, 1971 Dodge D200 Camper SpecialI found a nice camper truck, a 1971 Dodge D200 Camper Special, listed for sale on Craigslist. This American classic truck, produced by Dodge, is a final model of the second generation D Series truck and this particular one is the D200 model built in 1971.
The restoration work has been done nicely and the truck looks well-built and finished. These trucks are becoming scarce, and good examples like this one are trading for $4500. This makes it a great candidate for a summer toy.
Under the hood, the engine bay looks clean, filled by a 383 ci big block engine with a rebuilt carb, backed by a 727 automatic transmission. The odometer shows 21853 miles. The truck looks great, and I hope it runs as well as it looks.
Unfortunately, there is only one interior photo included in the ad, and it doesn't show everything clearly, so it's difficult to make a fair assessment. The owner says the interior has been rebuilt, with the exception of the radio which was deleted. The seats have been redone and remain in great shape. It would be great if all the instruments still work properly, but we need more details to know for sure.
Here are some additional details provided by the owner:
- 1971 Dodge D200 3/4 ton Camper special truck for sale
- 383 cu in big block engine with rebuilt carb runs well
- 727 automatic transmission shifts well
- New front brakes and good tires
- Good body and great interior with new headliner and seats
- New door and window seals
- All gauges work, lights work, heat works
- Radio has been deleted
- Drives straight and stops well
- Built like a tank
- Custom bumper and tow hitch
- Paint has been refurbished
- Comes with a canopy.
If you interested about this car, please visit link below
No Longer Available